Bridging Gaps and Challenges in the Student’s Academic Life
The Sciences Department primarily assists the College of Arts, Sciences and Education (CASE) in helping all FEATINIANS maximize their potentials through their academic life by bridging gaps and challenges that come their way in terms of the following:
- Course Crediting (Mathematics and Science courses) for transferees
- Opening of Tutorial Courses
- Facilitation of Completion of Grades by the Students
- Delivery of courses such as College Algebra, Fundamental Concept in Mathematics, Advanced Algebra, Plane Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry and Solid Geometry, General Chemistry I and II, Earth Science, Spherical Trigonometry, Differential Calculus I and II, Differential Equations, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Engineering Physics I and II, and Natural Science I and II Supply of laboratory materials for departmental activities like research work in other colleges or departments, and laboratory work in Biology, Physics and Chemistry both in the Collegiate level and in the Senior High School Department.
- Retention and recruitment of qualified Math and Science faculty members.
- Maintenance of safety, cleanliness and orderliness in the Chemistry and Physics stockrooms and laboratory rooms
The Great FEATI Advantage
The Sciences Department is determined to provide FEATINIANS with vital principles that will enable them to acquire the necessary skills to become qualified professionals in their chosen field of work. In establishing a strong foundation, the College of Arts Sciences and Education, through its Sciences Department, ensures the regular upkeep of science laboratory facilities, encourages critical thinking through an array of activities, exercises and laboratory work, and enhances skills in basic and applied research.
Policies and guidelines in using the laboratories by students and faculty have been set. Reminders on precautionary measures are constantly given to maintain orderliness in the laboratories. The good condition of the laboratories is maintained at all times.
The Department provides its students a significant and satisfying learning experience using appropriate teaching strategies and provision of required tools. As a positive outcome, students’ understanding of Science concepts and theories is deepened. Consequently, logical, critical and analytical thinking are all enhanced.
Supporting these development initiatives of the Department is its deep bench of faculty members who have varied expertise in Mathematics, the Sciences and Humanities.
FEATI University, in its thrust to provide various opportunities for growth and development to its faculty and students, has encouraged the conduct of investigative experiments and research projects for innovation and application to different groups or fields of endeavors. As such these initiatives form part of the competitive advantage of the Department in terms of pursuing the FEATI brand of education.
The Sciences Department aims to support challenges in upgrading the FEATINIANS’ scientific talents, skills, awareness, habits and attitudes that are applicable in everyday experiences, thus developing analytical and critical thinking in them.
The operations of the Department are focused on the following:
- Achievement of a systematic method in doing laboratory work
- Skillful manipulation of laboratory apparatuses, tools and equipment in doing experiments
- Support for challenges, motivation and inspiration for gifted students enabling them to investigate and pursue careers geared towards the field of science
- Exposure of faculty members to up-to-date strategies in the teaching of science and the latest trends in technology through participation in seminars, workshops, conventions, etc.
- Upgrading of science laboratories with the latest apparatuses, equipment and instruments to enhance academic instruction
- (Consistent follow-up and) Constant improvement of all facilities in each laboratory
- Continuous development of high quality instructions in the Science and Math programs
The Sciences Department will enhance student potentials and capabilities, create an environment conducive to learning the basic disciplines, and help students realize and acknowledge the importance of the principles taught in the sciences. Through the Department’s efforts, FEATINIANs acquire the core values and achieve a stature of becoming accountable and responsible stewards of the environment be it within the walls of the University, beyond its boundaries or the whole Earth.
|ACADEMIC BACKGROUND & Teaching Experience
Ma. Artes Deceña C. Cabiles
Elena V. Suyat
Joseph P. Paña
Ramon S. Cartagena
Jamal Ashley Y. Abbas
Emerenciana T. Angeles
Nilda S. Nava
Dr. Araceli B. Ayuyao